June 19th – July 12th (8 sessions)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30 – 8:30pm
June 20th – July 13th (8 sessions)
Wednesdays and Fridays 3:00 – 4:00pm (No session July 4th, will be scheduled for Tuesday, July 3rd at 3:00pm)
Junior Strength’s purpose is to create a safe and exciting environment for teens to learn free weight exercises, equipment and weight room etiquette.
$120 – Members
$150 – Non-Members
$80 – Junior Fitness Graduate Special
The program length of Junior Strength is 8 sessions total, offered 2x/week for 4 weeks. The duration of the classes will be approximately 60 minutes. This class will be taught by a trained instructor with a fitness assistant trained in spotting. The maximum amount of student in this course is 4-5.
This program will introduce proper free weight training to teens aged 14 and older. The bulk of the class will be learning technique and form while performing a variety of free weight exercises. Instruction will also be taught on proper free weight area etiquette, equipment use and spotting techniques. Also, we will ensure form on a variety of exercises with advancement in weight/difficulty given only if the student demonstrates proper technique.
The main exercises covered will be variations and combinations of the 5 main movements; Squat, Hip-Hinge, Lunge, Upper Body Pull, Upper Body Push. Also, classes will focus on the following topics; Spotting techniques, free weight etiquette, “how to“ of free weight equipment.
- Upon passing this course youth aged 14 or 15 years old will be permitted to use our fitness center with a parent present in the building. (if not already permitted through Junior Fitness)
- Youth aged 14 or 15 will be able to use the free weight area without a parent in arm’s reach. (Parent must be somewhere in the building)
- Failure to obey the policies of the fitness center will lead to the following actions: A) The student’s dismissal from the program B) Revoking of the graduate’s privileges
- Reservation occurs upon registration and payment and prior to the first class.
- The 14-15 yr. old student must attend a minimum of 6 of the 8 classes unless otherwise permitted to receive special permissions listed above.
- The student must demonstrate knowledge for the safe use of free weights, proper form and technique, maturity/etiquette, willingness to learn and participation in class.
ALL REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE AT THE FRONT DESK. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU HERE!
For more information, contact the Junior Strength Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org