Youth Summer Basketball
Youth Basketball Summer League Information
* June 23 – August 25, 2018 * Games tip-off July 7th
* Open League – join with a team or as an individual looking for a team
* Member Rate – $42
* Non Member Rate – $56
** Child must be attached to a family plan and may not have his/her own membership
* 1 practice (weekday) and 1 game per week (Saturdays)
* 7 games total + playoffs
* shirts/jerseys are included with registration
Youth Basketball Summer League Rules
Ages 6-8, 9-11, 12-14
- They will play two 18-minute halves with a 3-minute halftime.
- There will be a running clock except for timeouts, and two shot fouls. On 1&1 foul shots, the clock will start when the official hands the player the ball until the last (one) minute in each half.
- The clock will stop for every whistle the last (one) minute of each half.
- Players will have 10 seconds to cross half court.
- 3 second lane violation and 5 second closely guarded violation will apply for 9-11 and 12-14 divisions.
- Teams may press the last 2 minutes of each half only and must get back to half court to start playing defense.
- Teams are allowed two 30 second timeouts per half and one timeout for overtime. No carryovers.
- Games that end in a tie will go into a 2-minute overtime and the clock will stop on all whistles.
- Coaches must play each player at least 8 minutes per game with some play coming in each half, unless too many players permit the time required.
- Failure to follow this rule will result in immediate forfeit of the game. No exceptions!
- Foul language and unacceptable behavior on the basketball court calls for an automatic technical foul. Any parent or coach caught using profanity will automatically be asked to leave the arena. If this behavior persists, the parent or coach could be suspended from the center.
- If a team is ahead by 20 or more points, no more points will be put on the scoreboard for the winning team, until the lead is less than 20 points. Correct score will still be kept by the bookkeeper.
- Teams may play with 4 players. Any less than 4 players will be considered a forfeit.
- There will only be two coaches allowed on the bench per team.
- Only the Head coach may speak to the referee.
- Absolutely no jewelry allowed.