December Member Update
Rouse Center Members,
As many of you are aware, Thursday, Governor Northam announced new restrictions that will go into effect on Monday at 12:01 AM. Due to these restrictions, we have made the following changes to better protect everyone in the facility and to be in line with all updated mandates.
1. Per the Mandate, Group Exercise and Water Exercise classes now will have a max capacity of 9 Participants and 1 Instructor. We will be adding more classes to the schedule to provide more opportunities for members to get into classes. Members may not sign up for more than one class when we are providing back-to-back classes of the same format.
2. The Fitness floor continues to get busier and we must ensure that members are staying 10 feet apart as much as possible. To make this easier, we will be moving fitness equipment back into the Basketball Court. This will open more cardio and strength equipment and allow everyone to properly distance between the two spaces and have access to more equipment.
3. On the back half of the basketball court, we will run Group Exercise classes and structured programming. When neither of those is running, we will have reservations to use the space to play basketball in 1-hour blocks. Only family members attached to the same membership may use the space during an individual reservation. We want to continue to provide an option to the members who play basketball, but we must do so safely.
4. We want to reiterate that everyone MUST wear a mask into the facility and may only take it off when they are actively exercising. It does not matter if you are going straight to the Fitness Floor when you come in or if you are leaving the Locker Room to exit the building, everyone is required to wear a mask per the State Mandate. If a staff member approaches you about not wearing a mask and you become hostile, you may be asked to leave the facility or at worst, have your membership terminated.
5. We understand these mandates will impact some members more than others. If you would like to pause your membership until the new restrictions are scheduled to end, which is January 31st, you may contact the Front Desk and ask them to pause your membership. If the date is pushed back, we will adjust the pause accordingly. If you decide you want to pause your membership, your account will not be billed in January and will resume in February when the order is lifted.
As a reminder, visit our website, www.rousecenter.com, and go to the Schedules Tab to reserve your spot for JCLUB, Group Exercise, Water Exercise Classes, and Basketball.
We thank everyone for their patience as we navigate these difficult times. We understand these restrictions can be frustrating. Members of our staff are no exception to that frustration. We don’t find joy in enforcing these rules. However, this is what has been handed down to us and must be done if we want to avoid further restrictions or a potential shutdown. We do find joy in keeping our community active and healthy, so this is a small price to pay to serve our community. We are people and we truly care and want to help. Please continue wearing your masks, wash your hands, and we will get through this together.