SCUBACOR LLC. and the Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center have teamed up to provide Scuba Diving classes. Instruction can be provided in English and Spanish.
The company was founded by Jorge Roca who has been teaching in the Scuba Diving industry for the past six years and has been recognized by PADI as an Elite Instructor. Mr. Roca is also a Handicap Scuba Diving Association Dive Buddy and Leader of coral reef first aid and restoration.
SCUBACOR follows strict regulatory guidelines established by:
- The Star Fish Aquatics Institute standards for swimming instruction and PADI Swim School standards
- The International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) standards
- The Professional Association of Dive Instructors (PADI) regulations and scuba Industry standards.
- American Red Cross (ARC) guidelines and standards
Discover Scuba Diving Classes are currently scheduled at Jeff Rouse Center for:
- Saturday 14 and 28, March 2020 – Starting at 10A and 2P
- Sunday 15 and 29, March 2020 – Starting at 10A and 2P
Who should take this course?
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, at a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. You must be at least 10 years old and complete and medical questioner before participating in this activity.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure.
Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
PADI DSD Participant manual – our Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques your dive professional will review with you.
Sign up for one of our upcoming Discover sessions by contacting Jorge Roca and registering for your class. Call (540) 645-1593, email Info@scubacoraquatics.com, or visiting their website at scubacoraquatics.com.