Lil’ Kickers: Soccer
Seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Price: Member Rate $13/Class Non-Member Rate $17.50/Class
SUMMER 2021 SESSION
REGISTRATIONS OPEN ON:
MAY 15, 2021
Session begin: JUNE 5 2021
Saturdays: June 5 – July 31, 2021
(NO SESSION JULY 4th WEEKEND)
Step onto the field during any Lil’ Kickers class and you will find it transformed into a world created just for your child. Our well trained coaches will thrill your child with 50 minutes of highly creative, high energy and age-appropriate activities that serve as a great introduction to soccer, and help children master developmental milestones, appropriate for their age.
Because Lil’ Kickers is first and foremost a child development program our purpose is really to help children mature on all levels. Our program focuses on helping children build a strong physical, intellectual and emotional skills that will help them be successful on and off the soccer field. We believe in teaching children in ways that suit their developmental level. So, you won’t see adult-like skill drills in our classes, but you will see teaching methods specifically designed to create an atmosphere that is effective and fun. You will also see happy, confident and sweaty kids who are eager to learn and want to keep coming back for more.
- Classes are once per week & 50 minutes long
- 8-week session
- Shirts are included with registration for first time players
- Times & classes are subject to change
- Spaces are limited – register at the front desk or online!
- Open enrollment – join at any time & classes are always prorated!
- Please limit the guests and maintain appropriate social distancing while watching class
- If you, anyone in your household or your child is feeling ill, please do not bring them to class. The Rouse Center reserves the right to deny participation if a child appears to be ill.
Bunnies (18 - 24 Months) - Parent & Child Classes
Bunnies classes introduce toddlers to soccer with games that allow them to run, play as a group and kick a ball. They gain basic soccer skills while building fundamental skills such as balance and coordination. Classes incorporate activities that are geared toward a toddler’s unique way of learning and including parachutes, bubbles, noodles, cones, lots of goal scoring and more.
- Bunnies classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Bunnies classes is 15:1 w/parents on the field
Thumpers (2-3 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Parents and kids, led by one of our instructors, play organized games together to develop listening skills, balance, ball skills and foot-eye coordination. Thumpers is the ideal next step for Bunnies veterans who are not yet old enough for the Hoppers level, and a perfect introduction to Lil’ Kickers for new players.
- Thumpers classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Thumpers classes is 12:1 w/parents on the field
Cottontails (2.5-3.5 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Cottontails is a class designed for children who are ready for more of a challenge than a Thumpers class, but who are not quite ready to be on the field without a parent or caregiver. The Cottontails curriculum is designed to build fundamental skills such as balance, coordination, and ball kicking. Cottontails classes also offer another component-helping your child build a sense of independence. As children progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class.
- Cottontails classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Cottontails is 7:1 w/parents on the field
Hoppers (3 & 4 Years) - Beginning
Hoppers classes are designed to be fun and fast paced. Classes focus on increasing balancing skills, coordination and fundamental soccer skills. We utilize creative games and help kids develop listening skills, cooperation and teamwork. Hoppers classes are the first class where children participate independently.
- Hoppers classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Hoppers classes is 7:1
Jackrabbits (3 & 4 Years) - Intermediate
Jackrabbits classes are designed to help transition children into non-competitive team play. Children play creative games to develop fundamental soccer skills and will also be introduced to more one-ball oriented games and scrimmaging. The focus of the scrimmages will be to help players understand how to apply skills in different situations and building teamwork. Some small sided non-competitive soccer games are introduced.
- Jackrabbits classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Jackrabbits is 7:1
Big Feet (5 & 6 years) - Beginning
Big Feet classes are for five and six year-olds who have not played soccer before. These classes concentrate on giving beginning kids a set of basic soccer skills (dribbling, passing, trapping, scoring) and some confidence on the field. Kids will be introduced to the ideas of sportsmanship and team play. Kids will play some small-sided, non-competitive soccer games to help prepare them for Micro Classes.
- Big Feet classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Big Feet classes is 12:1
Micro 4/5 Class (4-5 years)
Micro Classes are developmental and non-competitive for intermediate kids ages 4-9 years designed to enhance individual and team skills, with an emphasis on fun and safety. Micro Classes are for kids who have played soccer before either in Lil Kickers or another program.
- 50 minutes of class time with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of scrimmaging
- Teams will field no more than four players at a time
- Everyone gets equal playing time
- There will be no goalies
- We will not keep score or league standings
- The ratio for Micro Class is 12:1
Micro 6/7 Class (6-7 years)
Micro 6/7 classes are for six and seven year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 6/7 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1
Micro 6/9 Class (6-9 years)
Micro 6/9 classes are for six – nine year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 6/9 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1
Micro 8/9 (8-9 years)
Micro 8/9 classes are for eight and nine year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 8/9 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1
- Make-ups are done on a space available basis.
- Make-ups do not carry over into the next session.
- No spaces in any class are guaranteed without payment.
- We require full payment at the time of registration
- Special circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Paying per week is not allowed.
- All registrations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Classes are always prorated.
- Shirts are included with registration for new participants
- If you would like to purchase a jersey, they are $15.00.
- Complete your Lil Kicker uniform with the purchase of matching shorts – only $10.
- Free trial classes are offered only is space is available in the class.
- No refunds will be given. Rouse Center credit may be issued if a refund is warranted and is to be used within 90 days from issue date.
- Dangerous, disruptive or disrespectful behaviors will be dealt with case-by-case and could result in the loss of privilege to participate. No refunds or credits will be issued if your child is unable to participate due to negative behaviors.
- Face coverings are required in the facility but can be removed when playing
- Spectators are required to wear face coverings per the Governor’s guidelines
- Social distance is required while on the sidelines
- If anyone appears ill, the Rouse Center has the right to deny entry or participation
- If there are restrictions that prevent the session from starting or finishing, all registration fees will be refunded in the form of a credit to the center or back to the credit card.
- Please note, if these restrictions do take place, there is not a timeline on the refund process.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Youth & Sports Director, Eddie Aiumu.
Phone: (540) 318-6332